June 2, 2020
Dear St. Joseph School Families,
As we approach Graduation and the end of our 2019-2020 school year in this St. Joseph School Family, I am reminded of the many blessings that God has given us in this time of physical distancing. While physically distant, God has given us the means and the people to continue to educate our children in the best way we knew how. Our parents and grandparents, older siblings and, of course, teachers have done an amazing job. Everyone has worked tirelessly and creatively, using all of the gifts and talents we have been given by God to make this happen. This is what makes us a family. I will be forever grateful to all of you for everything you have done for our children and for each other.
To our young people, you have continued throughout this difficult time, doing your best to learn to achieve, and to serve. I commend you and congratulate you for everything you have done, and I know that God is loving you each and every day without condition. I miss you and I’m looking forward to the time when we can all be together again.
To our soon-to-be Graduates, I offer my heartfelt congratulations as you become St. Joseph School’s newest Alumni. While Graduation and its activities don’t look like they usually do, you are no less valued, appreciated, and loved. Always know that you are in my heart and the hearts of our entire school family.
On Thursday, June 4th from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. we will have a special drive through at school. This is for the purpose of dropping off and picking up. The procedure will be as follows.
- Drop-0ff–Library or textbooks, make-up work, or computers borrowed from school (unless the computer is needed for summer work or Zoom meetings with your teachers).
- Each student’s things are to be put in a separate bag labeled with the student’s name and grade.
- Any items left behind in March by your children are placed in a black bag labeled with the family name.
- Please place your return bags of return items in your trunk or back seat. These will be taken out by myself and teacher volunteers, and your family bag will be placed inside.
- All of our teachers will be on hand to greet you so feel free to bring your children along.
- We ask that you do wear masks for the safety of all.
Individual graduation pictures of our Graduates will be taken at the school by our regular school photographer on Tuesday, June 2nd, starting at 10 a.m. They are asked to arrive in Caps and Gowns with a mask and will be called one by one for their picture.
Graduation will be live streamed on June 6th at 4 p.m. Please tune into the St. Joseph Church, New London Website. This is where you will fine the link to YouTube for this live stream of Graduation. You may also return to this at a later time to view once again. Mrs. B will also act as our photographer during the celebration.
I look forward to seeing you all as indicated this week. As always you remain in my prayers.