September 29, 2021
Dear St. Joseph School Families,
This week we celebrate our Guardian Angels. We believe that each of us is protected and guided by a guardian angel. We pray each day for that guidance and protection.
On Thursday our students in Grades 5 through 8 will attend a “student friendly” day at the Big E, Eastern States Exposition. Please say an extra prayer to those guardian angels for their health and safety.
- Masks are required for school. All students must come to school with a mask and have a spare in their backpack.
- If your child is going to aftercare, a note must be sent to the office or a call must come to the office before 1 p.m. in order that arrangements may be made.
- At. At St. Joseph School we assign homework. The homework assigned is a part of each student’s grade. When homework is not completed, this will reflect on the student’s learning, progress report and report card grade. Progress reports will be distributed on October 15th and parent teacher conferences will be held virtually on October 21st and 22nd.
- Children are required to bring their reusable water bottles to school to be used during the day, as only water bottle fillers are available, not water fountains. Drinks, other than water, are only allowed at snack time and lunch, and not in the classroom during the day.
- If you have not sent the $2.00 assignment book fee, please send it by Thursday, September 30th.
October 1st is a 12:30 dismissal day. The school is currently working on our ten-year accreditation study, and the teachers and staff will be hard at work during the afternoons of early dismissal days preparing this report. Also, please note that October 8th and 11th are NO SCHOOL days, due to a required professional development day and Indigenous People’s Day/Columbus Day, respectively.
The Butter Braid and Lyman Orchard Pie Fundraiser is taking place again this year. This began on September 28th and ends on October 12th. Delivery will be on November 16th, just in time for Thanksgiving.
The payment for chocolate bars is due. Please send this to the office with the child’s name on the envelope. Fundraising is a necessity to provide for our school as it is in most schools. Anyone wishing to sell an additional box may do so. Simply send a note to the office requesting this. All money raised is used in the school to benefit your children. Thank you for your assistance.
The school is planning to take some outdoor field trips as the year progresses. Since we will be transported by bus and our school faculty and staff, as well as bus drivers, are vaccinated, the school is requiring only vaccinated chaperones on these trips. Our goal, as always, is the health and safety of all of our students.
The School Handbook may be found on the school web site at sjsnl.com. Everyone is asked to become familiar with the Handbook, containing much information to assist with the success of your children at St. Joseph School. Please note the uniform section, regarding the specifics of the uniform, accessories, make-up, and jewelry. Disciplinary information is also contained therein. All of the information will be helpful throughout the year and is updated as needed, including the faculty and staff assignments. A letter, indicating that you and your children have read and discussed its contents, has been sent home electronically, and must be signed and returned to school by October 5th.
Please keep us in your prayers, as you are in ours daily.
May God Bless You!
Marianne Cote, Principal