October 13, 2021
Dear St. Joseph School Families,
We are continuing to pray the Most Holy Rosary this week, meditating on the Sorrowful Mysteries, as we are reminded that Jesus suffered and died for the sins of the world. May we continue to pray for the peace and health of our world.
Thank you to everyone who remembered that the wearing of the regular uniform started on Tuesday. Many students were without the regulation shoes today and may wear their sneakers until their shoes arrive. Tuesdays or Wednesdays your child has physical education class, they may also wear sneakers on their gym days. I will assume that when shoes arrive, students will wear the appropriate footwear.
Since we are unable to visit the New London Fire Department this year, they are coming to St. Joseph School to visit our Kindergarten and First Graders on the playground. The visit will take place on October 19th.
- Band practice will begin this afternoon October 13th from 2:30 to 3 p.m. Children should be picked up promptly at 3 p.m. at the front door of the school.
- Masks are required for school. All students must come to school with a mask and have a spare in their backpack.
- If your child is going to aftercare, a note must be sent to the office or a call must come to the office before 1 p.m. in order that arrangements may be made. The same rules are expected at aftercare as during the regular school day. Respect of the mothers that care for your children during this time is of the utmost important.
- At St. Joseph School we do assign homework. The homework assigned is a part of each student’s grade. When homework is not completed, this will reflect on the student’s progress in learning, and report cards. Progress reports will be distributed on October 15th and parent teacher conferences will be held virtually on October 21st and 22nd. Please make your appointments using the forms sent to you through email. Both of these days will be 12:30 p.m. dismissal days to allow for conferences.
- Children are required to bring their reusable water bottles to school to be used during the day, as only water bottle fillers are available, not water fountains. Drinks, other than water, are only allowed at snack time and lunch, and not in the classroom during the day.
- The Pie and Cookie Dough Fundraiser ended on October 12th. Delivery will be on November 16th, in time for Thanksgiving. Please send any outstanding orders with payment to the main office by October 14th.
- Please send any outstanding payments for chocolate bars to the office with the child’s name on the envelope. We have a few boxes remaining for those who are interested in selling them. Fundraising is a necessity to provide for our school as it is in most schools. Anyone wishing to take an additional box to sell may do so. Simply send a note to the office requesting this. All money raised is used in the school to benefit your children. Thank you for your assistance in our fundraising opportunities, which help to fund special activities for our students.
The School Handbook may be found on the school web site at www.sjsnl.com. Everyone is asked to become familiar with the Handbook, containing much information to assist with the success of your children at St. Joseph School. Please note the uniform section, regarding the specifics of the uniform, accessories, make-up, and jewelry. Disciplinary information is also contained therein. All of the information will be helpful throughout the year and is updated as needed, including the faculty and staff assignments. A letter, indicating that you and your children have read and discussed its contents, has been sent home electronically, and was required to be signed and returned to school by October 5th. If you have not done so, please send this in as soon as possible.
Please keep us in your prayers, as you are in ours daily.
May God Bless You!
Marianne Cote, Principal