Saint Joseph School
25 Squire Street
New London, Connecticut 06320
“A holy place where we discover each other in God’s love”
November 10, 2021
Dear St. Joseph School Families,
This week we celebrate our veterans, the peacemakers who were called to keep us safe and peaceful as a nation. May we pray for those who have gone before us to God’s kingdom and may we support all those who currently live in our neighborhoods and those currently serve our nation.
Yesterday, you should have received your school photos. For those who wish retakes and those who were not here on picture day, pictures will be taken this Friday, November 12th. Orders and payment must accompany the requests for pictures that have not already been taken. For retakes, the current pictures must be returned. Only those having pictures taken may wear non-uniform clothing.
This year we are bringing back our tradition of plays for each grade. Our first play this year will be under the direction of Grade 4. In order to do this safely and still allow some family members to attend, we will show the play in 2 sessions and invite 2 adult guests for each Grade 4 family. If this works well, we will continue this throughout the year. The play will be prior to Thanksgiving break.
Cookie Dough and Pies that were ordered in October will be delivered to the school on November 17th. These may be picked up in the parking lot between the school and church starting at 2 p.m. that day.
On Monday, November 22nd, students in grades 5-8 will travel to the Discovery Science Center in Bridgeport to visit the Challenger Center. There is no charge for this trip as we have received a special Science Grant to cover the cost. Further details will be forthcoming.
As noted below, Thanksgiving break begins with an early dismissal day on Tuesday, November23rd. There is NO AFTERCARE on that day.
Although it seems early, as we move into December, we will be planning for Lessons and Carols to take place in the Church. This is still in the planning stages and further information will be coming in future letters. The date is December 12th at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, November 11th is a NO SCHOOL DAY due to Veterans’ Day.
- Please return your “Chromebook Agreements”.
- All Christmas Wreath orders are due by November 15th.
- Band practice for those taking instrumental lessons takes place every Wednesday that is a full day of school from 2:30 to 3 p.m. Children should be picked up promptly at 3 p.m. at the front door of the school.
- Masks and reusable water bottles are required for school.
- If your child is going to aftercare, a note must be sent to the office or a call must come to the office before 1 p.m. in order that arrangements may be made. The same rules are expected at aftercare as during the regular school day. Respect of the women, who care for your children during this time, is of the utmost important.
- November 14th through the 19th is Discover Catholic Schools Week. If there is someone you know who is interested in our school, please suggest that they call us for a tour and information about our school.
- Requests for absences or early dismissals must be sent to the office, not simply to the teacher.
Please keep us in your prayers, as you are in ours daily.
May God Bless You!
Marianne Cote, Principal