Saint Joseph School
25 Squire Street
New London, Connecticut 06320
“A holy place where we discover each other in God’s love”
November 17, 2021
Dear St. Joseph School Families,
As we draw near to the Thanksgiving holiday, we are reminded of all of the gifts God has given to us. It has been our tradition to assist foster children at Christmas time through a Toy Drive. This will begin on November 29th, the Monday after Thanksgiving. We understand that times are difficult for many and we ask that you give as generously as is possible. On Thursday, December 2nd we will have “Bring a New Toy and Dress in Casual Clothes Day” for the students. Students may bring the toy on or before that day. Help us fill the bench and lobby with toys.
This year we are bringing back our tradition of plays for each grade. Our first play this year will be under the direction of Grade 4. In order to do this safely and still allow some family members to attend, we will show the play in 2 sessions and invite 2 adult guests for each Grade 4 family to the 11:30 a.m. session. If this works well, we will continue this throughout the year and update as appropriate. The play will be performed on November 23rd.
Cookie Dough and Pies that were ordered in October will be delivered to the school today (November 17th). These may be picked up in the parking lot between the school and church starting at 2 p.m.
On Monday, November 22nd, students in grades 5-8 will travel to the Discovery Science Center in Bridgeport to visit the Challenger Center. There is no charge for this trip as we have received a special Science Grant to cover the cost. Further details will be forthcoming.
As noted below, Thanksgiving break begins with an early dismissal day on Tuesday, November 23rd. There is NO AFTERCARE on that day.
Although it seems early, as we move into December, we will be planning for Lessons and Carols to take place in the Church. The date is Friday, December 10th at 7 p.m. This is required of all students. Students shall wear white shirts or blouses, and dark slacks or skirts. No athletic shoes please.
- Please return your “Chromebook Agreements” if you wish your child to have the opportunity to take a school Chromebook home when necessary in Grades 5-8 only at this time.
- Christmas Toy Drive begins November 29th through December 10th.
- Masks and reusable water bottles are required for school.
- There is no aftercare on November 23rd. On any day that your child is going to aftercare, a note must be sent to the office or a call must come to the office before 1 p.m. in order that arrangements may be made. The same rules are expected at aftercare as during the regular school day. Respect for the women who care for your children during this time is of the utmost importance.
- Requests for absences or early dismissals must be sent to the office, not simply to the teacher.
Please keep us in your prayers, as you are in ours daily.
May God Bless You!
Marianne Cote, Principal