Saint Joseph School
25 Squire Street
New London, Connecticut 0632
January 4, 2023
Dear St. Joseph School Families,
As we begin this year of 2023 at school, we wish you a Happy New Year, one of health and happiness in your families, and of course, in our school. May this year bring many blessings to all!
Today is the feast of St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton. St. Elizabeth is the patron saint of Catholic Schools. She is credited for having started the first Catholic Parish Elementary School in our country. We pray that she watches over the safety of our school and its children and staff members.
Some reminders for this new year include the following.
- Each child must bring a water bottle to school for drinks of water during the day. We have depleted our disposable cup supply.
- All families are asked to review the uniform and personal appearance section of the handbook (on the website and in hard copy sent home).
- Casual Day this month will be on January 20th. The donation will be “socks for the homeless”.
- Home School Association Meetings this month on January 18th and 25th will include the Focus Meetings concerning the new Community Center in New London. (Your attendance at one of these will secure a substantial donation for the School.)
- The Grade 7 play will be performed at the end of this month.
- Catholic Schools Week begins on Sunday, January 29th and concludes on February 4th.
Students in Grades 1-4 will be attending the Broadway Kids production of
Frozen at the Garde Theater on Friday after Mass. All permission slips and $10 payment for tickets must be sent to school immediately in order for your children to attend.
Friday is a 12:30 dismissal day with Mass at 9 a.m. and a faculty meeting after dismissal. Please consult your January calendar for any dates of note.
When school is closed due to a weather event, you will be notified through a phone message, text, and email. If this occurs, please check your messages. Do not call the school, as no one will be in the building on those days. Cancellations will also be announced on TV on CBS 3 (WFSB) and NBC 30 (WVIT).
We continue to keep everyone in our prayers for health and safety in this trying time.
God’s Blessings on Everyone!
Marianne Cote, Principal