Saint Joseph School
25 Squire Street
New London, Connecticut 06320
“A Holy Place Where We Discover Each Other In God’s Love”
February 15, 2023
Dear Families of Saint Joseph School,
Dads, grandads, uncles, older brothers, and friends! If you attended yesterday’s Donuts with Dads for Valentine’s Day, we want to thank you for being there with the young people who populate our school. We were so pleased to see how many of you were able to come! We want to thank the Massad Family for providing the goodies and the volunteers who came to serve. What a wonderful time we had! Don’t worry moms and all those other women in the lives of our school children, Muffins with Mom will be here before you know it!
Next week is our winter vacation week! The school will be closed Monday through Friday, February 20-25th. School will resume on February 27th.
Our school year is moving more quickly than we thought. Anyone who is planning to ask for tuition assistance must complete the financial forms for scholarship on the FACTS website. This also qualifies you for the Catholic Foundation Scholarship. These applications are due by March 6th. Questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to remind you that Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 22nd, the time during which we remember the passion and death of Jesus and prepare for His resurrection on Easter Sunday. As you know we are on vacation during this time. Please take some time to talk with your children about this day and its meaning. We will resume our regular Lenten prayer with the children upon our return to school.
Our next event will be the Shamrock Tea (corned beef and cabbage dinner) on March 18th from 4-7. Father Mark and the Blarney Stones will provide Irish music for the event. Further information is coming!
A note regarding the children’s water bottles – These should be taken home each night and washed. Some children are leaving them at school, and continue to refill them without the benefit of washing them. It would seem that for health reasons, all water bottles should go home each night! Thank you for reminding your children to do so.
- February 15 Home & School Association Meeting at 6:00 p.m. TONIGHT!
- February 17 Grade 3 Play at 1:00 p.m.
- February 20 – 24 Winter Vacation
- February 22 Ash Wednesday; Lent begins
- March 3 9:00 a.m. Mass, 12:30 p.m. dismissal
- March 16 Grades 7-8 Community Meal Center Meal
- March 17 Happy St. Patrick’s Day (Green Casual Day), Grade 5 Inventions
- March 18 “Shamrock Tea” Dinner 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- March 19 Feast of St. Joseph
- March 20 Grade 8 Pin Ceremony 1:30 p.m. Church
- March 24 Grade 6 Play, 1:00 p.m.
- March 27 Diocesan Professional Development—NO School
- March 31 Grades 6-8 Science Exhibit
As always, you are in our prayers. Please keep us in yours.
Marianne Cote, Principal